2 June 2012
I have been developing, designing and managing iOS applications since 2011. I blog about technology, primarily Apple. Since 2013, I have contributed to the Apple news cycle at 9to5Mac. This personal blog focuses more on design and my perspective on the state of the industry. Please follow me on Twitter (@bzamayo) for the same personality and honest opinion in a bitesize form.
I spend most of my time working on client iOS apps. I am currently seeking new projects to work on, so please get in touch if you a project in mind. In addition, I develop two applications of my own, Bingo Machine and Visual Codes. You can find my open source efforts on Github.
I graduated from university with a degree in economics. I originally planned to work in high finance, but I loved technology too much and fostered my own iOS business whilst studying.
Freelance And Contract iOS Developer
I have led development of many iOS apps over the years, and am always looking for something new to tackle. Here’s some of my past work:
- 9to5Mac — Breaking Apple News. Solely led engineering, design and development of 9to5Mac’s premier app for their news coverage. The product features the latest support for the iOS SDK, push notifications, Today view widget, subscriptions and more.
- Circuit: Route Planner. Built a pure Swift native application of an existing Android application. This app manages some rich cloud-synced state and integrates many components into a single screen. This required significant plumbing and forethought to keep the codebase sane and maintainable.
- Logic Puzzles Daily. Based on mockups and graphics assets provided by the client, I developed the complete codebase and brought the project to fruition. This included advanced Game Center achievements integration, a silent puzzle update mechanism and a completely-custom game grid canvas.
- Cloudier. The first version of this app was solely developed by me and received much critical acclaim upon release. It went on to be bought out by CloudApp as the official first-party client.
- Gluten Free Me. As a contractor for the company, I took design prototypes though to finished product with this beautiful iPad recipe app, featuring custom controls, rich interaction and deep Store Kit In-App Purchase integration. The flexible codebase was also repurposed into a cocktails app.
- Turbulence Forecast. Based on design spec, I engineered the entire application myself. This includes integration with mapping databases, an accelerometer-driven G-Force readout, tip patronage system and more.
I offer competitive rates and day-to-day flexibility. I am a contract iOS developer based in the UK but am accustomed to taking on remote projects from around the world. The same passion that goes into making this blog is also imbued into every development project I do. I’m proud of my work, in whatever form it takes.
Contact me to discuss your needs.